A UK-based mobile phone insurance company released a list of its most amusing phone claims for loss submitted over the last year. Some of them are hilarious;
- A builder from Stockport reported his phone as lost, but later called to withdraw the phone after a customer called his firm to say that they’d heard a phone ringing inside the wall of their new extension. He’d left it inside the wall cavity and the customer was kind enough to let him remove the phone and patch the wall up.
- A farmer in Devon who claimed that his phone had disappeared inside the back end of one of his cows when he’d been using the torch on his iPhone while assisting the caw during calving. The phone later made an appearance, but was damaged.
- A man from York, who happened to be a keen gardener, found his mobile phone that he’d originally reported as ‘lost’ beneath the soil in one of the flower beds in his front garden. The phone was undamaged, if a little dirty.
- A man found his ‘lost’ mobile phone in the corner of his young son’s hamster cage, beneath the sawdust and explained that his son must have put it there without him noticing. It turned up when he went to clean out the cage.
- A woman in Plymouth found her ‘lost’ mobile phone 1 week after first reporting it, when she went back to her local petrol station to fill up her car. The handset was sat on top of the fuel pump, exactly where she’d left it without realising, tucked behind a promotional leaflet.
- A lady from Cambridge who had reported her phone as lost later withdrew the claim, after she received a message on her landline from her local library to say that they had discovered the phone sandwiched between two books in the non-fiction section.
- A man from Liverpool didn’t realise that his lost phone was actually inside his toilet cistern, until he lifted it off to drop a cistern cleaning block inside and seeing it submerged in water. He didn’t know how it had got there and the phone was water damaged.
- An undertaker from London reported his phone as lost, but called the next day to withdraw the claim after finding it inside a coffin, next to a body that was due to be buried shortly afterwards.
- A man found his iPhone under the bonnet of his car, realising that he must have left it there when he was topping up his screen wash. Despite driving around for days afterwards, the phone remained in place under the hood of the car and didn’t fall out onto the road.
If you are unfortunate enough to lose your phone and it doesn’t turn up in a strange location, at Gadgetinsurance.com, we’ve got you covered! We offer an optional cover called loss that can be added to your mobile phone insurance. We will also cover your gadget for accidental damage, liquid damage, theft and fraudulent calls in the event of theft.
60 days Worldwide Cover is also provided so for protection around the world take gadgetinsurance.com – don’t leave home without it!
Call us on 0818 286 456 or log on to www.gadgetinsurance.com to insure your phone today!